Online Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-zombie logging camp fun

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Post-zombie logging camp fun - Page 2 Empty Re: Post-zombie logging camp fun

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:07 pm

Taji laughed softly as she saw the bard's efforts to score a free ride. "We don't need to barter, do we?" she murmured to Miko. "The air is all we need." Though she would never admit it, she was immensely proud of her companion. He could fly all night and not even break a sweat. He was battle-trained, raised in the same clan as Taji herself. They were true counter-parts, raised to be fierce and independent, though they relied fondly on each other.
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Kashu Torikkusuta Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:09 pm

The captain seems irritated to talk to two people at once. "Well sir, we've got quite a bit of merchendize, mostly rangin' from the nor' t'the sou'. We travl' 'th rout, y'see"
Kashu Torikkusuta
Kashu Torikkusuta

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkside Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:12 pm

Rauru thought more to himself about the recent things he had done to save his new friends. Could he trust them? Maybe he could show his true form to them. He thought more about Osprey Bay and what he and his group would be doing there. He then came to the conclusion that what he was doing was the right thing to do.

His group couldn't see his face, but a small smile appeared on it.
Darkside
Darkside

Back to top Go down

Post  Takahiro Kurosawa Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Takahiro crossed his arms, listening with interest to the Captain. "Really? You must see a lot in your travels. Do you carry a lot of indigenous items?"
Takahiro Kurosawa
Takahiro Kurosawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Taji started as Miko grabbed the hood of her cloak with two claws and threw it over her horned head. She gave him a small smile. "Thank you, flameling." She snuggled deeper into the shadow of the hood and led Miko closer to the caravan, stopping and leaning against Miko with crossed arms when she was within earshot. She made it clear with her body language that though she could hear the conversation, she wouldn't speak unless provoked.
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Akima Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Akima appeared behind the bard and narrowed her eyes as the merchant.

"Hello," she said softly. "Do you know my face?"

The merchant gulped and nodded.

"My friends and I desire passage to Osprey Bay, free of charge, in the best of quarters. You will oblige."

The merchant, wide eyed and slightly afraid, nodded vigorously and moved out of her way as Akima glided towards the caravan's lodging car. She looked back.

"Coming?"
Akima
Akima

Back to top Go down

Post  Kashu Torikkusuta Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Half an hour passes, with many loggers and caravan workers engaged in discussion. Eventually though, a loud whistle peirces the cold air, with Captain Ironfunder bellowing "ALRI' YE GROUND-POUNDIN' BILGERATS! IT BE TIME FOR TH' OL' BITCH T'FLY!" So saying he gives the signal to the crew to "SHOVE OFF!". The caravan begins it's journey south, carrying with it a band of adventurers bound for a new city.

The snow and cold cuts across the bow, with ice particles occasionally showering those in front with tiny needles. The air is crisp, but invigorating, and the passenger sled is suprisingly comfortable, even on this uneven and hilly terrain.

OutOfCharacter: the journy south will take a few days, so let's just assume that the whole time we're talking that we're traveling, and once we finish today's session, we'll end it with "You see the city-state rising in the distance, a pround monument to engenieering and wealth".
Kashu Torikkusuta
Kashu Torikkusuta

Back to top Go down

Post  Takahiro Kurosawa Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:24 pm

OutOfCharacter: I gots it!

Takahiro sat in the bed of the caravan, watching the passing scenery as the vehicle jostled around. It was nice to finally not have to walk somewhere, even if the ride was a bit bumpy. Still, it wouldn't do to complain, so the tengu was content to admire the countryside. After a while, he turned to Akima and said, "That man was terrified of you. Do all the locals of Osprey Bay fear you so much?"

Last edited by Takahiro Kurosawa on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takahiro Kurosawa
Takahiro Kurosawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Taji swung herself into Miko's saddle, tapping his great shoulder with her hoof, which she then tucked out of sight under her cloak. "Fly close enough to our companions for communication, alright?" Miko chirped once, taking flight and banking close to the hovering boat. He kept pace easily, and Taji tossed him a chunk of roasted pork. He snatched it out of the air and swallowed it whole with an appreciative gulp.
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkside Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Rauru asks the captain "Is there some place i can go that doesn't have all this noise? i wish to meditate."
Darkside
Darkside

Back to top Go down

Post  Kashu Torikkusuta Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Captain Ironfunder sratches at the bald spot on his head "Well laddie, thar's me cabin, bu' ah don' allow aneeone but the fairest o' dwarven lasses innit, if'n ye catch mah drift" he winks in what he imagines is a rougeish way, but only manages to look like something has flown into his eye, which should be impossible through his thick goggles.
Kashu Torikkusuta
Kashu Torikkusuta

Back to top Go down

Post  Akima Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Akima blinked and looked hard at Takahiro and Takahiro only.

"I have made somewhat of a name for myself in Osprey Bay and surrounding areas. 'Akima,' in my language, roughly translates to 'Killing Wind'. I killed and stole and tortured for thirty years. I know that merchant. I was sent as a messenger to him one night. His daughter's life was almost the message, but he paid his debts the moment he saw her throat under my knife. The little girl lived, but I hear she has a hard time walking without her feet."

Akima narrowed her eyes.

"You must know that if we head to Osprey Bay, we will be taken care of well by the Thieves' Guilt, but we will also be in mortal peril most of the time. Just a warning."
Akima
Akima

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkside Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Rauru replies to the captain "Ok thank you, what about the lookout's nest? That should be the next best thing right?"
Darkside
Darkside

Back to top Go down

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Taji nudged Miko to get closer. "Couldn't help but overhear," she called out casually, glancing at Akima. "I've heard of that little girl. A spoiled young woman now, if my people's rumors are correct. She's grown to fat, but is content. Seems that having no feet means that people do everything for you. Makes them feel holier-than-thou, and then everyone is happy." She spat over Miko's side, earning an irritated jostle from the beast. "I wouldn't let it rest on my conscious." She chuckled, adding quietly, "Not that much does."
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Kashu Torikkusuta Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Ironfunder strokes his beard in contemplation. "Well lad, tha' mi' wark, provaded, o'course, tha' ye don' fall while ye're climin' oop ther." He nods towards a rope ladder that leads up to the 20-foot tall mast with a small basket-style crow's nest on top. "Goo' luck to ye, an' ah don' want yer nex' o'kin breathin' dawhn mah neck, y'hear?" So saying, the captain wanders around his small ship, accasionally berating his crewmembers in a familiar fashion.
Kashu Torikkusuta
Kashu Torikkusuta

Back to top Go down

Post  Takahiro Kurosawa Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Takahiro was shocked by the sylph's story. The tengu was well acquainted with the stories and legends of the elemental creatures, but he never imagined that any of it might be true. After all, local tales painted his kind as shifty, unreliable thieves. Though he may have once been that... that was his past life. Still, he couldn't recall doing anything as torturous as cutting off a defenseless girl's feet. But it was not his place to judge. He would leave that to the gods.

"It seems you've had quite a colorful history. I hope our experience in Osprey Bay is not nearly as perilous as you make it out to be." When Taji spat at the ground and berated the young woman, he offered, "Energy spent upon the judgement of others is wasted energy." After a brief pause, Takahiro turned back to the sylph and asked, "Do you regret any of it?"
Takahiro Kurosawa
Takahiro Kurosawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Akima Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 pm

Akima smiled up at Taji.

"I should finish the job if any one of you is treated poorly..."
Akima
Akima

Back to top Go down

Post  Akima Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:46 pm

Akima eyed Takahiro.

"Do you?"
Akima
Akima

Back to top Go down

Post  Darkside Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

"Thank you" Rauru finishes. He looked at the rope ladder, gave it a slight tug on both sides and looked up. Nothing broke or fell down, so he decided to climb up it.
When he got to the top he looked at his surroundings. There wasn't a lot of room to move around. Just a few simple boards to accommodate two people at the most. He sat down and crossed his legs at the center of the boards, closed his eyes and slowed his breathing.
Darkside
Darkside

Back to top Go down

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 pm

Takahiro's words cut at Taji, as she did not often offer comfort. After blinking at the bird man, she snorted and nudged Miko's haunch. The dire bat shot up into the sky, leveling out at they reached a height of 40 feet. He gave a soft noise of comfort, but Taji snapped at him, "I care not of a old man's words. I care only of seeing our people and asserting my place among them once again." Miko gave a soft trill, and she patted his back. "I apologize for snapping at you, even if it is only to stop you from throwing me off," She chided gently. She fished in the saddlebag and tossed him some dried fish.
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Takahiro Kurosawa Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 pm

A cold shiver shot down Takahiro's spine when Akima asked him that. Evidently, the fact that he'd had his own colorful history was quite obvious. The tengu crossed his feet, looking down in his lap and said, "Yes. I do."
Takahiro Kurosawa
Takahiro Kurosawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kashu Torikkusuta Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 pm

Kashu has been at the front of the ship, sticking his face directly into the wind. He pants happily, until Captain Ironfunder steps up behind him. "Ah, laddie, ye had mention'd entertanment to me be'for..." He trails off, but nods his head in a meaningful way towards his crew. Kashu smiles, and eagerly takes up his flute and begins a popular sea shanty. The entire crew joins in, and soon the air is filled with voices all raised in mostly harmonious song.
Kashu Torikkusuta
Kashu Torikkusuta

Back to top Go down

Post  Akima Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Akima glares at Takahiro as the music begins to play.

"A pity. Regrets are for the weak of constitution. I thought you better than that."
Akima
Akima

Back to top Go down

Post  Takahiro Kurosawa Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 pm

The tengu shoved down the anger that bubbled up in his stomach. Years of training made it easy to stay calm. "When we reflect on our mistakes, we learn how to improve ourselves. Regret is not weak."
Takahiro Kurosawa
Takahiro Kurosawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Taji Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:07 pm

At hearing Kashu's song, Taji sighed and nudged Miko to fly lower so they could hear his song. Might as well have some entertainment while she sulked...
Taji
Taji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next